Athletic performance is not only physical but mental. The physical aspects of athletic performance are enhanced by an athlete’s mental game. However, many athletes, coaches, and parents underestimate the mental aspects of performance. Sport and performance psychology assist in bridging the physical aspects of athletic performance with the mental, further developing an athlete better prepared for all aspects of sport: the training, competition, as well as life off the court.
WHAT WE DO
Working in conjunction with the athlete, we use psychological techniques to remediate, enhance, and improve the mental skills associated with performance. We provide mental skills services in individual, group, and workshop formats.
CLIENTELE AND SERVICE TYPE
PEAK provides services to members of Long Island University and New York City metro area, seeking sport, exercise, and performance related services. PEAK’s current clientele includes (but is not limited to):
- Professional and Semi-Professional Sports Teams
- Sport and Health Focused Community and Nonprofit Organizations
- New York City-Based Universities and/or Colleges’ Athletic Departments
- Individual Athletes or Exercisers
- New York City-Based Youth Sports Teams